This magnificent building is a fine vernacular Greek Revival Church with a portico with massive fluted Doric columns supporting a full pediment and a prominent five-stage steeple. Completed in 1845 the structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places of the U.S. National Park Service. The church, designed by Perez Mason, Esq., of Fall River, combines a tetra-style Greek Revival portico with a three-level tower of Georgian type and a spire rising 130 feet from the ground with detailing which is almost entirely vernacular Greek Revival.
WHF has awarded matching grants to the United Methodist Church for structural repair of the steeple and the main sills. Other grants included a multi-year project to repair plaster and repaint the interior main sanctuary and east and west sanctuary balcony sections.